|Staredog lacks any sense of social propriety. Return my greeting, ya filthy animal!|
10. Rain. Wet runs suck unless it's a light Summer drizzle that hangs around just long enough to cool you and the ground off. Love that stuff.
9. People who try to carry on a conversation with you despite the fact that you obviously have headphones in. I am a very friendly, gregarious person, and I would be more than happy to talk to anybody and everybody, but if my headphones are in I simply cannot hear you... at least not very well.
8. Starers. That is, people who stare and don't so much as return your hello. Which leads me to...
7. Shirtless guys who should not be shirtless.
|Darn you, Greg Plitt. Darn you to Heck.|
5. High winds. Feels like you're swimming against the current when it's gusty. This can be especially unpleasant when the temp gets below 50. Cold + wind = exhausting and uncomfortable.
4. Self-important runners or walkers who are so absorbed in their next step that they can't possibly acknowledge you on the road. Perhaps my shoelessness freaks them out? This happens far less to me on the trail (whilst wearing shoes, of course) so maybe that's it.
|For illustrative effect. This is not my neighborhood, but about |
1/10 of our neighbors park like this. Very inconsiderate.
2. Gravel or other construction debris that should have been cleaned up by the road crew who dumped it. You mess it up; you clean it up. Didn't your mother teach you anything?
And the #1 most aggravating thing that I encounter on a run.....
1. Unleashed dogs. Why?!?! Your dog, if he or she is in fact canine, has an instinct to chase after anything that appears to be running from him or her. I am that "anything," and I really don't appreciate your Pommeranian nipping at my heels when I'm out for a relaxing afternoon jaunt. Moreso if said Pomeranian is a large breed. Quadruply so if he or she is a Pit Bull. Use some doggone sense, People!
So what are your running route pet peeves? Post up in the comments below.